Wallacia is located in the Mulgoa Valley which originally marked an important boundary between two major Aboriginal Clans – the Dharug from the plains and the Gundungurra from the mountains.
Once European settlement occurred the area today known as Wallacia, has been known by several names. Firstly the region was called Riverview, but then became known locally as Wallace (after Robert Wallace who grazed cattle on the 2000 acres he rented from Sir Charles Nicholson).
Local people wished to retain the link with Wallace and they suggested that the area be called “Wallacia”. This name was officially approved on 1 June, 1906.
The region was chiefly one of dairying and grazing during the nineteenth century, but in the early twentieth century – because of its rural atmosphere and proximity to Sydney – tourism developed as people opened their homes as guest houses. Wallacia was a renowned holiday resort area from the late 1800s to the 1940s. Today Wallacia’s tourism is centred on the day-tripper trade with the Wallacia Hotel, Wallacia Golf Course and several cafes being the chief attractions.
Located at the most southerly region of the Penrith City, Wallacia is a small village surrounded by rural countryside. It is also well known for its quiet village lifestyle and a beautiful place to live and raise a family.
For further information on Wallacia please click here