East Blaxland is the residential pocket located along Old Bathurst Road and joins the Great Western Highway between Blaxland and Emu Plains. Still used today, Old Bathurst Road is known for its extremely steep, sharp bends.
The ruins behind McDonald’s Blaxland are a reminder of the town’s beginnings. They tell the story of Pilgrim Inn built by Barnett Levey, a free immigrant who received one of the first land grants in 1825.
The main township of Blaxland is today an established residential area, with some industrial land use in the northern section and the only remaining land fill waste facility in the Blue Mountains.
Major features of the area include Blaxland Oval, Kookaburra Park, Lennox Park, Major Mitchell Reserve, Thomas Park, Knapsack Natural Area, Cripple Creek Reserve, Knapsack Park and several schools.
With award winning restaurants, IGA supermarket, banks, two primary schools and one high school servicing the area, East Blaxland is a well equipped pocket of the greater Blaxland area.
For further information on Blaxland please click here