Cambridge Park is an older established suburb of Penrith and therefore residential housing is positioned on larger blocks.
Settlement of the area dates from 1831 when the first land grant was made to Phillip Parker King, son of Governor King. Phillip named his 1500 acre grant “St Stephens” but spent little time on the property which was mostly used for farming, cattle raising and horse breeding.
Subdivided into farmlets in the 1880s, Cambridge Park continued as a rural area for many years after. Growth was slow until the post-war years, with significant development occurring in the 1950s and 1960s. Then by 1970, the area was populated, settled with urban housing and become a gazetted as a suburb of Penrith.
Cambridge Park is a dynamic suburb of Penrith with quick and easy access to the many facilities in the City. There is great access to both private and public schooling and an international sports stadium for basketball.
For further information on Cambridge Park please click here