A rural area since settlement in 1804, Agnes Banks is connected to Penrith by Castlereagh Road which runs alongside the Nepean River between Richmond and Penrith. With alluvial farmlands along the river and rising up to contrasting natural woodlands and sandy deposits which together make up the landscape of this beautiful suburb.
Originally, known as ‘Little Richmond’, Agnes Banks is located 68 kilometres west of Sydney and is a rural outpost of the City of Penrith. It has kept its intrinsic agricultural value and rural lifestyle being still used for market gardens, orchards and horse breeding whilst extractive operations continue in the area.
Major features of the area include Penrith Lakes Scheme, Penrith Lakes Regional Park, Sydney International Regatta Centre, Penrith Whitewater Stadium & Rafting Course, Agnes Banks Nature Reserve, the Nepean River, Castlereagh Equestrian Centre.
Over 1,500 people reside in the Agnes Banks and Castlereagh suburbs and two schools service the area – Castlereagh Public School and The Lakes Christian College.
For further information on Agnes Banks please click here